Hi girl gang! I am so excited to be sharing my thoughts on the Fenty Skin line. I was so pumped when I heard that Rihanna was going to be blessing us with a skincare routine.
In case you live under a rock and have never heard of the iconic Robyn Rihanna Fenty – she’s a pop star. A living legend. A singer who sadly no longer makes music (anyone else still waiting on #R9?)
In 2017 Rihanna launched her groundbreaking beauty line with 40 shades – this shook the beauty industry as beauty brands never came to market with this many shades available for brown skin girls.
Now here we are 3 years later to celebrate another successful business venture! Fenty Skin launched this summer with the Total Cleans’r Remove-It-All Cleanser, Fat Water Pore-Refining Toner Serum, and Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen.
Fenty Skin is a clean skincare brand made vegan ingredients and is cruelty free. Fenty Skin even goes the extra mile by ensuring all products are produced sustainably. This means no unnecessary packaging, using recycled materials, and that the products themselves are recyclable.
Fenty Skin has also introduced “refills” to the beauty market. This is something environmentally conscious brands like Mrs. Meyers do frequently. I’m excited to see a black woman coming into a predominately white space and SHAKE the table like this! AGAIN! Not to mention you can ONLY buy Fenty Skin from the Fenty Beauty site directly meaning that she’s no longer cutting in retailers. I am just so proud. Go Rih Rih! But let me stop rambling and let’s jump right into these ingredients girls.
Total Cleans’r Remove-It-All Cleanser
- This ingredient is otherwise known as Acerola and is packed with vitamin C. Vitamin C has brightening properties and is a great ingredient if you battle with hyperpigmentation.
- This ingredient is great for sebum control making it perfect for those who suffer from oily skin. It also contains trace amounts of vitamins A and C helping to tighten and brighten the skin.
Fat Water Pore-Reining Tone Serum
Australian Lemon Myrtle
- Lemon Myrtle helps control sebum (perfect for oily skin!) and refine pores. I have a working theory that Rihanna has oily skin!
Japanese Raisin Tree
- This ingredient helps to detoxify skin
Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
- This ingredient is rich in vitamins A, C, and E which helps to tighten, brighten, and moisturize the skin! It also contains Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids to further help moisturize the skin.
- This is one of my favorite ingredients! Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 and is great for controlling sebum, acne, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles. Did I mention it also helps to prevent skin cancer? This ingredient is GOD SENT!
After testing this skincare routine for about 2 months I can say it’s well worth it. For the price point you get a LOT of product which is very rare for American beauty brands. Each product feels so luxurious and unique feel like I’m in a spa in my own home!
This simple yet effective skincare routine kept my oily skin under control while minimizing breakouts. In fact, during the entire 2 months I solely used Fenty Skin I never had more than one or two pimples at a time. That’s a HUGE win in my book.
There’s been a lot of feedback on the internet about the line containing fragrance – yes it 100% is scented. I did not find the scent to be overwhelming. It’s a very unique light fruity scent that comes from the Barbados cherries that’s found in the ingredient list. If you have highly sensitive skin and normally stay away from scented skincare I would not recommend.
Overall, the Fat Water serum and the Invisible Moisturizer are my must have products from this line. I highly highly HIGLY recommend! I like to store my Fat Water serum in the fridge for a cool and refreshing application. The Invisible Moisturizer is a 2-in-1 with the SPF and leaves my skin so dewy and glowy it’s a must have!
While I enjoyed the Cleans’r I did notice that after 2 months of no double cleansing my blackheads returned. I really hope Fenty Skin comes out with an oil cleanser one day!
Another negative about the cleanser – after 6 weeks of usage the top end had completely busted on me. This allowed bacteria to get into my cleanser so I ended use prematurely. I never contacted customer service about this issue and I didn’t want to buy the cleanser again because I wasn’t truly head over heels for it.
How did you feel about Fenty Skin? Leave a comment below. Also if you want to score these products for FREE checkout my instagram for a giveaway 🙂